You are expecting a new bundle of joy!
Pregnancy and childbirth is a miraculous time, but navigating pregnancy and preparing for childbirth can be uncertain, challenging and even intimidating! As your doula, our service is here to help guide and navigate you through the many unknowns to ensure you have a happy, positive birth experience. Our desire is to connect with you and your partner during pregnancy, discussing your concerns and sharing in your excitement.
We are professionally trained to support any birth, such as; water births, home births, unmedicated or medicated hospital births, inductions and cesareans. Our goal is to support and guide you through your choices, whatever they may be.
What you can expect from your Nurtured Foundation Labor Doula:
- Phone and email support from the moment you sign our contract. We are on-call 24/7 in the days leading up to your due date, until your baby is born.
- A back-up doula in the case of emergency unavailability.
- One or two prenatal visits so you can get to know your doula, discuss your birth preferences and any questions or concerns.
- Continuous labor support from the start of active labor until you are settled in and holding your new baby!
- Physical and emotional support during labor to increase comfort (massage, breathing, encouragement) and suggestions for optimal positioning.
- A postpartum visit, if requested, to see how you are adjusting in the postpartum period.
- Guidance and support for your partner to help them best support you during labor. We wish for them to have a happy, positive experience, too!
“Thank you Ashley for a wonderful first birth experience! My husband and I appreciated your professional and nurturing approach through the entire process. You helped me manage the physical and mental aspects of labor and delivery, as well as pre-post-natal care as a first time mom. I highly recommend your services!” -Sapna K
“My husband and I both agree that hiring Ashley as our doula was the best choice we made in preparing for the birth of our son. She offered so much support to each of us through our time together…Her nurturing energy radiates a passion for childbirth and motherhood. When the time comes for us to welcome another child I would hire her again in a heartbeat.” -Melyssa B