What are the benefits of Belly Binding?
- Provides postural support for the torso and organs as they return to pre- pregnancy position
- Supports and assists abdominal wall healing and diastasis recti recovery
- Supports the body’s natural spine and posture realignment post birth
- Constant pressure on the torso and abdomen hastens healing by reducing water, fat and air in the tissue and cells
- Stabilizes loose ligaments
- Helps to prevent and relieve lower back aches and strains
- Prevents slouching while feeding or holding your child
When and how long do I wrap?
Women should be wrapped as soon they can after birth, ideally on day five postpartum. The belly bind should be worn daily for 10-12 hours a day for at least 40 days or longer. Often women who use a belly bind after birth return to their own pre-pregnancy size in 6-8 weeks.
After a cesarean birth women should wait at least 6 weeks until the incision is mostly healed before they are wrapped.
Other uses for Belly Binding:
- Menstrual cramp Relief
- After a Hysterectomy
- Core Support
- Posture Support
- We offer in-home Belly Binding Instruction. Our certified Belly Binder will come to your home for step-by-step personal instruction within a 40 mile radius of Avon Lake.