Birth Doula Services
Pregnancy and childbirth is a miraculous time, but navigating pregnancy and preparing for childbirth can be uncertain, challenging and even intimidating! As your birth doula, our service is here to help guide and navigate you through the many unknowns to ensure you have a happy, positive birth experience. Our desire is to connect with you and your partner during pregnancy, discussing your concerns and sharing in your excitement.
We are professionally trained to support any birth, such as; water births, home births, unmedicated or medicated hospital births, inductions and cesareans. Our goal is to support and guide you through your choices, whatever they may be.
PLEASE NOTE: Where allowed, birth doulas will attend in person for your labor and delivery. Where hospitals are not allowing birth doulas to attend, we offer virtual birth doula support. You can find more information on our VIRTUAL SUPPORT HERE.
Essential Birth Package
What you can expect from your Nurtured Foundation’s Essential Birth Doula Service:
- A professional, knowledgeable doula and a back-up. No worries about not having a back-up doula in the event one is needed.
- Phone and email support during business hours from 9-5p from contract signing to birth.
- A doula who is on-call 24/7 for your birth from the moment you sign your contract.
- Two prenatal visits so you can get to know your doula, discuss your birth preferences, and address any questions or concerns.
- A customized birth plan made with your doula.
- Continuous labor support from the start of active labor until you are settled in and holding your new baby. There is never a limit of hours of support, nor extra fees for a longer labor.
- Immediate postpartum support following the birth to help initiate breastfeeding and offer support.
- Physical and emotional support during labor to increase comfort (massage, breathing, encouragement) and suggestions for optimal positioning.
- A doula who offers guidance and support for your partner as well to help them best support you during labor. We wish for them to have a happy, positive experience too!
- A postpartum home visit, if requested, to see how you are adjusting in the postpartum period within the first 10 days.
- Doulas who have regular continuing education.
- Professionally trained doulas who work as a team with your birth professionals!
Birth Planning for High Risk & NICU Families
Madison Hendry is an expert in Mother Infant Care, Certified Breastfeeding Educator, Registered Kangaroula Doula in Kangaroo Mother Care, and Birth Doula. Since 2017, Madison has provided support for thousands of families throughout the transition into motherhood.
Prevention is Key. She has found continuous support from a kind and skilled educator empowers families to get off to the best start possible no matter what their journey holds. Madison provides families with honest and accurate evidence-based information, has the ability to assist with physical, mental and emotional needs and continues to be a valuable resource within our community.
What will working with Madison look like and why it’s important:
Madison meets you where you are at. Whether you are navigating pregnancy for the first time or working through a past difficult birth. As a mother who had difficult pregnancies and her own babies in the NICU, Madison not only has been there, but has dedicated her life work to providing support to other families going through a high risk pregnancy and/or going through a NICU journey.
Madison’s extensive training and experience in Lactation, breastfeeding and early postpartum period makes families feel safe and secure knowing she is there to help guide families through the transition into parenting.
High Risk Doula Service* (Includes Birth Planning & Postpartum Visit)
Step 1: Birth Planning Prep
- 2 Prenatal Visits (1-2hr each)
- Unlimited texts
- We discuss your Birth Preferences, Information and Educational Materials provided throughout your pregnancy, continuous support given throughout your pregnancy via texts and phone calls, bi-weekly expecting and new moms group for clients
- 2nd Visit we discuss labor and what to expect directly after birth. This includes but not limited to skin to skin with baby, lactation and breastfeeding support and information, mother infant safe sleep and feeding cycles, preparing your home.
Step 2: Early Postpartum Consult
- Recommended: Day 2-5 is always good!
- Virtual or In-Home
- We go over your birth story and your experience, observe feeding, demonstrate breast massage and hand expression and overall help you as the new mama feel confident as your new role as Mama.
*The services with Madison do NOT include labor support.
*A non-refundable retainer is due at the signing of the contract. Payment arrangements are available.
We value individual needs.
Want to customize your Birth Doula Service Package?
You can add additional services below for 10%-20% off our regular prices to either birth doula package:
- In-home lactation visit
- 60 minute in-home prenatal massage