Postpartum Doula &
Postpartum Doula & Newborn Care Specialists | Day & Night
Postpartum Doula & Newborn Care Specialist Services
Postpartum doula & newborn care specialist services are designed to be able to assist in the physical and emotional care of mothers and families in the days and nights, weeks and months following the birth/adoption of a child as well as infant education and care. Postpartum doulas & newborn care specialists are professionals experienced in:
- Assisting in the care physically and emotionally of the mother and infant.
- Helps with breastfeeding, ongoing lactation support and education, bottle feeding and assists with breast pumps.
- Provides evidence-based articles and research on various infant and postpartum mother issues.
- Non-judgmental support for each parenting style and family dynamic.
- Helps in house management with light cleaning, simple meal preparations, laundry, running errands and organizing.
- Nurtures not only the mother and infant, but the whole family.
- Support day and/or night with multiples.
- Educates on infant care and soothing techniques.
- Provides many resources for community referrals for additional care.
- Can accompany mother and infant to postpartum office visits, including Lactation Consultant & Wellness appointments.
- Creates a calm, comfortable and relaxing home environment in which you can bond as a family.
- Helping families with older siblings adjust as well as helping families learn to balance their growing family.
Need overnight care? Allow us to help you get some rest!
Unlike a baby nurse or night nanny, our postpartum doula overnight and newborn care specialist care is focused on more than just the newborn. Many of our families breastfeed and/or pump throughout the night as well as formula feed. Let our doulas and newborn care specialists assist you to minimize your awake time. We can also offer tips and tricks to help you make things go more smoothly during the nights in which our overnight postpartum doulas & newborn care specialists are not with you. Instilling healthy sleep habits from day one is our goal!
Our team of postpartum doulas & newborn care specialists recognize that every family has different and changing needs based on the day or night and family dynamic. Each day or night of service is tailor made to meet the needs of YOUR family.
- Complete nighttime care for infant(s) while parents get some much-needed rest!.
- Bottle feeding, diaper changes, bathing, soothing and extra cuddles.
- Infant can be brought to mother for breastfeeding as well.
- Helping you design a healthy night time routine from day 1.
How Does It Work?
Generally, Postpartum Doulas & Newborn Care Specialists work in 4 to 5 hour day shifts and 8-9 hour night shifts. Most postpartum doulas & newborn care specialists offer different packages based on hours/days/nights.
Since every family has different needs, we have found discussing each family’s individual needs allows us to customize a package. Please contact us to discuss a package that is right for you!