Postpartum Doula | Day & Night
Postpartum Doula Services
Postpartum doula services are designed to be able to assist in the physical and emotional care of mothers and families in the days and nights, weeks and months following the birth/adoption of a child. Postpartum doulas are professionals experienced in:
- Assisting in the care physically and emotionally of the mother and infant.
- Helps with breastfeeding, ongoing lactation support and education, bottle feeding and assists with breast pumps.
- Provides evidence-based articles and research on various infant and postpartum mother issues.
- Non-judgmental support for each parenting style and family dynamic.
- Helps in house management with light cleaning, simple meal preparations, laundry, running errands and organizing.
- Nurtures not only the mother and infant, but the whole family.
- Support day and/or night with multiples.
- Educates on infant care and soothing techniques.
- Provides many resources for community referrals for additional care.
- Can accompany mother and infant to postpartum office visits, including Lactation Consultant & Wellness appointments.
- Creates a calm, comfortable and relaxing home environment in which you can bond as a family.
- Helping families with older siblings adjust as well as helping families learn to balance their growing family.
Need overnight care? Allow us to help you get some rest!
Unlike a baby nurse or night nanny, postpartum doula overnight care is focused on more than just the newborn. Many of our families breastfeed and/or pump throughout the night. Let our doulas assist you to minimize your awake time. We can also offer tips and tricks to help you makes things go more smoothly during the nights in which our overnight postpartum doulas are not with you. .
Our postpartum doulas recognize that every family has different and changing needs based on the day and family dynamic. Each day or night of service is tailor made to meet the needs of YOUR family.
- Complete nighttime care for infant(s) while parents get some much-needed rest!.
- Bottle feeding, diaper changes, bathing, soothing and extra cuddles.
- Infant can be brought to mother for breastfeeding as well.
How Does It Work?
Generally, Postpartum Doulas work in 4 or 8 hour day shifts and 8-10 hour night shifts. Most doulas offer different packages based on hours/days/nights.
Since every family has different needs, we have found discussing each family’s individual needs allows us to customize a package. Please contact us to discuss a package that is right for you!