Akron & Cleveland Overnight Newborn Care
Need overnight support for you and your newborn? Allow us to help you get some rest!
Our overnight newborn care is focused on more than just the newborn. Many of our families nurse and/or pump throughout the night. Let our overnight doulas & newborn care specialists assist you to minimize your awake time. We can also offer tips and tricks to help you makes things go more smoothly during the nights on which our overnight care doulas & newborn care specialists are not with you.
Our overnight care service recognizes that every family has different and changing needs based on the day and family dynamic. Each day or night of service is tailor-made to meet the needs of YOUR family.
What does our overnight care services provide?
- Complete nighttime care for infant(s) while parents get some much-needed rest!
- A trained and experienced postpartum doula/newborn care specialist that will establish healthy sleep habits with your newborn.
- Bottle feeding, diaper changes, bathing, soothing and extra cuddles.
- Providing a wealth of information and care regarding postpartum-specific issues and challenges the family may face.
- If the parent is pumping, the overnight doula/newborn care specialist can assist, making sure the milk is properly stored and the pump is washed and ready for use the next session.
- Access to the overnight newborn care specialist via phone/text/email to answer infant care or postpartum care questions during the contract
- Our overnight specialists provide a wealth of resources about issues pertaining to the postpartum time & the infant and can provide referrals for many issues
- Unlike a night nanny, overnight newborn care doulas and newborn care specialists are able to design routines, provide evidence-based information and teach the parents many tips and tricks to help everyone sleep better
- Many of our families breastfeed and/or pump throughout the night. Let our overnight newborn care doulas & newborn care specialists assist you to minimize your awake time. We can also offer tips and tricks with pumping to help you make things go more smoothly during the nights on which our overnight newborn care doulas are not with you.
So, what makes an overnight care doula any different than a baby nurse or night nanny?
There are a few areas where overnight newborn care doulas & newborn care specialists differ from a baby nurse and night nanny. An overnight doula is still a trained individual who specializes in newborn care and development, as well as all things newborn-related, but in addition, is trained in postpartum care for mother and family. They are able to perform all things necessary to take excellent care of your precious newborn baby day or night, just as the baby nurse/ night nanny of old. While most of our overnight care doulas are also newborn care specialists, our focus does not end with newborn care, but includes postpartum parent, family care, and education as well!
If your infant is older than 4 months old and having trouble sleeping for naps/night, please check out our sleep consulting page.